Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Week in Retrospect - Scary Faces

What a week! Work was so busy (in a good way) and I got to combat the crazy with some fun - played this awesome board game called Avalon on Thursday night (deception! betrayal! guacomole chips! and lots and lots of yelling!) and dinner with the coworkers on Friday night, which is always a good time. :)

Then cue AMAZING weekend!!

Saturday consisted of an adventure back into the city! We decided to combat the St. Patrick's Day Irish pride by dinner at an Italian restaurant and a trip to the Asian Art Museum! An amazing amount of cool stuff, and a couple of uh... questionable scary things?

Holy Jesus that is frightening.

  
This is awesome though! One of my favorite pieces I saw :)

There was this awesome graffiti outside of a great ice cream spot called Smitten over on Octavia. (I mean, it's real ice cream from scratch. I could taste the mint leaves in mine. SO GOOD.)

Sunday consisted of a trip to the zoo (with a great view from Skyline Boulevard, I FINALLY saw the Golden Gate Bridge, yikes). Weaving in and out of all the children that were there (shakes fist), I saw lots of avian friends! 
 Penguins! They had a little setup a la the Shire going on. :)

Ever wonder why there's always peacocks running around ever single zoo ever? Me too. 
Silly babies.

Alright, time to get (back) to work! Until next time!

~Kaycie

1 comment:

  1. Is Smitten the one where they make your ice cream with liquid nitrogen? I want to go to there.

    ALSO go to Bi-Rite if you haven't done so.

    I am excited for/jealous of all of your SF adventuring as always. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete