Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week in Perspective - Californ-i-ay

Gorgeous sunset from last night! The photo doesn't do it justice but you get the idea. :)

Sorry about the infrequent updating - not having internet at home has been an interesting experience. Heck, not having FURNITURE has been an interesting experience!

In other news, I started work on Monday, which has been fantastic. I love waking up in the morning and being so excited to start my day! Although the first part of the week was mostly filling out HR forms and getting adjusted, I've been getting more and more tasks throughout the week to work on. The people I work with are very talented, nice, and helpful, and I look forward to getting to know them better. One of them even helped me move my desk into the apartment!

Speaking of which, my POD arrived on Wednesday evening. I'm sure my neighbors didn't appreciate all the banging around as I moved stuff in, but at least I didn't break anything! I'm currently in the process of unpacking everything - living area/office is almost done (just a few piles of things still left on the floor) and the bedroom closet is done. The kitchen is mostly done save for a large pile of dishes I still have to do, and I haven't even touched my room yet. Having "stuff" in the rooms is definitely making this place seem more like home, though. I'll try to put up a "walking tour" video (or at least some photos) so you guys can see it!

My next goal is to continue picking up things I need - went to the store today and got fabric softener and quarters to do laundry, got home and realized I had no detergent! (Oops.) I also need to get one of those old lady shopping carts - it's only a short walk to the grocery store but it also limits how much I'm able to buy/carry!

Well, I'm off to attempt to catch up on everything I've missed or haven't been able to do/see in the past week, so if you saw anything cool on the internet or something I should know about, feel free to post it in a comment or send it to me on Facebook or something!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Grocery notes from the formerly car-less: Definitely get some sturdy canvas bags that you can carry on your shoulders, vs carrying bags home in your hands. It makes such a difference! I recommend bagging them yourself so the weight is evenly distributed. Liquids are the heaviest for sure. I used to buy powdered lemonade instead of soda, and beer was reserved for a treat!

    ReplyDelete